Canadian Friends of Fresh & Green Academy will be fielding a team of runners and walkers for the Virtual Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon in October. Run with us, walk with us or sponsor our participants to raise money for our kids in Ethiopia!
Choose your distance and run in spirit with the great Ethiopian distance runners – you can choose any day to walk/run in October, or join us in Innisfil on October 18th. When you register for your distance, you can choose to raise money for Canadian Friends of Fresh & Green Academy by scrolling down to the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and Marathon Relay Teams section. Then you can get your friends to sponsor you!
Here are the instructions after you register:
Support the Scotiabank Charity Challenge
Now that you have your virtual goal, please also consider setting a goal to support your local community either by raising funds or making a one-time donation. Did you know that there are 150 official charity partners that you can support through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge? All you need to do is customize and share your fundraising page with the world and start!
- To customize your page, go to Donate to an Individual, search for your name and click on Donate.
- Sign Into Race Roster if not yet logged in (top right).
- Click Edit fundraising page below the profile image on the right-hand side.
- In the window that pops open specify your fundraising goal, write a personal message, upload a photo and choose your charity to support.
- Be sure to scroll down and click Save updated fundraising information.
As Scotiabank covers all the fees associated with online fundraising, 100% of the funds you raise or donate will go directly to your chosen charity.
If you need further help, please send us an email. At least one of our members is planning the full 42 kilometres to help her young friends reach their education goals to leave poverty behind – way to go Samantha! If you can’t participate, you can sponsor her first-ever marathon!